We’ve just tagged 3.0.0-alpha.2. Some of the highlights of this 2nd alpha release include:
- Add a WKT parser. The parser supports both write and read.
- Add write support to the GeoJSON parser.
- Add OGC Filter parser.
- Improve the performance of the vector canvas renderer.
- Improve canvas rendering of vector data (by not using a fixed tile grid)
- Add basic support for text symbolizers.
- Add a skeleton for WebGL vector support.
- Rename the projection package from
ol.Sizeto an array.
removeControlmethods to the map.
Interesting examples (new or improved):
- Text symbolizers (zoom to see labels).
- Ten thousand vector points with WebGL.
- GPX waypoints and routes.
- French IGN WMTS.
Expect more alpha releases to come! We hope to release alphas every two weeks for some time, keeping the community up-to-date with progress.
Big thanks to those who already contribute to ol3!